Two lost Doctor Who serials released as iTunes exclusives
The BBC has discovered 11 Doctor Who episodes from the late 1960s in Nigeria. Nine of those episodes were originally lost after the BBC junked the original tapes in the '60s. The newly discovered episodes have been released as iTunes exclusives as part of Doctor Who's 50th anniversary.
The episodes make up two Second Doctor serials: "The Enemy of the World" and "The Web of Fear," which originally aired during the series' original fifth season in 1967 and 1968. The Doctor during this time was Patrick Troughton, with Frasier Himes and Deborah Watling playing companions Jamie and Victoria. One episode of "The Web of Fear" is still missing, but was reconstructed using episode stills.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync