Two lost Doctor Who serials released as iTunes exclusives
The BBC has discovered 11 Doctor Who episodes from the late 1960s in Nigeria. Nine of those episodes were originally lost after the BBC junked the original tapes in the '60s. The newly discovered episodes have been released as iTunes exclusives as part of Doctor Who's 50th anniversary.
The episodes make up two Second Doctor serials: "The Enemy of the World" and "The Web of Fear," which originally aired during the series' original fifth season in 1967 and 1968. The Doctor during this time was Patrick Troughton, with Frasier Himes and Deborah Watling playing companions Jamie and Victoria. One episode of "The Web of Fear" is still missing, but was reconstructed using episode stills.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter