Apple launches iPhone trade-in program in the UK
Apple has officially launched its iPhone trade-in program in the UK. Officially called the Reuse and Recycling Program, the initiative allows users to receive in-store credit for their current mobile phone to use towards the purchase of a new iPhone. The iPhone trade-in program has been live in the US for some time, but its UK launch marks new territory.
To be sure, you're still better of selling your old iPhone yourself -- via services like eBay or Gumtree -- as Apple doesn't give you as much money for your device as you could otherwise get. For example, an unlocked black, 32 GB iPhone 5 in perfect condition only nets you £230 from Apple, while you could easily get over £400 for such a device on Gumtree.
Still, the program will benefit those who want a simple and fast way to get credit for their old phones when buying a new iPhone.
Apple has officially launched its iPhone trade-in program in the UK. Officially called the Reuse and Recycling Program, the initiative...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free