AT&T discontinuing standard monthly voice and data plans for new customers
Beginning Oct. 25, we're streamlining the plans we offer new customers. Our customers have expressed an overwhelming preference for simplified options that allow them to share data across multiple devices. New customers will have the choice of any of our Mobile Share plans, which start as low as $50 a month for a basic phone or $70 a month for a smartphone – both of which include unlimited talk and text and 300MB of data that can be shared. In 95 percent of the new customer scenarios, Mobile Share offers the same or better price with additional value.
It's important to note that if you are an existing AT&T customer, your plans will not be changing. However, new customers who join after October 25th will only be able to sign up for the Mobile Share Plans. If you're thinking of joining AT&T after that date, check out this handy infographic (it's a PDF) that shows you all your options.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync