AT&T discontinuing standard monthly voice and data plans for new customers
Beginning Oct. 25, we're streamlining the plans we offer new customers. Our customers have expressed an overwhelming preference for simplified options that allow them to share data across multiple devices. New customers will have the choice of any of our Mobile Share plans, which start as low as $50 a month for a basic phone or $70 a month for a smartphone – both of which include unlimited talk and text and 300MB of data that can be shared. In 95 percent of the new customer scenarios, Mobile Share offers the same or better price with additional value.
It's important to note that if you are an existing AT&T customer, your plans will not be changing. However, new customers who join after October 25th will only be able to sign up for the Mobile Share Plans. If you're thinking of joining AT&T after that date, check out this handy infographic (it's a PDF) that shows you all your options.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows