Siri 'Eyes Free' coming to 2014 GM vehicles
GM has announced that Siri Eyes Free will be coming to the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro, Volt, Malibu, SS, Cruze and Equinox. The Eyes Free feature allows Siri to be activated with a button mounted in the steering wheel, making it easier and safer for drivers to interact with Apple's digital assistant while on the road. In a press release GM said:
"The response to Siri Eyes Free integration in Chevy Sonic and Spark from our customers has been remarkable. Easy, reliable and portable connectivity is a top priority for our customers, and Siri complements MyLink's existing capabilities to help deliver an incredible driving experience, so we're excited to expand this to even more customers."
GM is by no means the first or only car manufacturer to support Siri Eyes Free. Just check out all the cars expected to offer it next year here. With Eyes Free, Apple says users will be able to call people, hear and compose text messages, use Maps and get directions, select and play music, read notifications, add reminders, find calendar information and more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync