Siri 'Eyes Free' coming to 2014 GM vehicles
GM has announced that Siri Eyes Free will be coming to the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro, Volt, Malibu, SS, Cruze and Equinox. The Eyes Free feature allows Siri to be activated with a button mounted in the steering wheel, making it easier and safer for drivers to interact with Apple's digital assistant while on the road. In a press release GM said:
"The response to Siri Eyes Free integration in Chevy Sonic and Spark from our customers has been remarkable. Easy, reliable and portable connectivity is a top priority for our customers, and Siri complements MyLink's existing capabilities to help deliver an incredible driving experience, so we're excited to expand this to even more customers."
GM is by no means the first or only car manufacturer to support Siri Eyes Free. Just check out all the cars expected to offer it next year here. With Eyes Free, Apple says users will be able to call people, hear and compose text messages, use Maps and get directions, select and play music, read notifications, add reminders, find calendar information and more.
GM has announced that Siri Eyes Free will be coming to the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro, Volt, Malibu, SS, Cruze and Equinox. The Eyes Free...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs