Oyster's subscription e-book service for iPad open to all
Oyster has a fascinating proposition for avid readers -- unlimited e-books for one low subscription rate of US$9.95. In the past, you had to request an invitation to be added to the service, and the only device you could read your e-books on was an iPhone. Today, the company is announcing that it has not only launched a universal (iPad and iPhone) app to make devouring those e-books a bit easier, but also that the app and service are now open to anyone.
The app is free to download, and the company offers access to "more than 100,000 titles" -- that's enough to keep anyone busy during a handful of beach days on vacation.
Many of the titles provided by Oyster come from HarperCollins, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and a variety of smaller publishers. Oyster also provides a social component that shows what your friends are reading on the service at any point in time.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync