Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS released
Microsoft has released its Remote Desktop app for iOS. The recently announced product is a free download, allowing users to access their desktop apps and documents directly from their Apple devices. As Windows struggles to expand its market reach thanks to the Surface tablet, allowing Microsoft loyalists who use the iPhone or iPad access to their desktop from their Apple device is a smart move.
Here's what you can expect from the Remote Desktop app.
- Access to remote resources through the Remote Desktop Gateway
- Rich multitouch experience with remote desktop protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
- Secure connection to your data and applications with breakthrough Network Layer Authentication (NLA) technology
- Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
- High-quality video and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage
- Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations
Interestingly, the Android version of the app doesn't have the external monitor support feature listed in its online description.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free