Attention Pokémasters: Your iPhone just became a real-life Pokédex thanks to Wolfram Alpha and Siri
The massive information engine Wolfram Alpha just added a whopping 649 Pokémon to its database. For fans of the games, that fact is pretty cool all on its own, but if you happen to own an iPhone or an iPad with Siri, it's even more awesome. You see, thanks to Siri's ability to search Wolfram Alpha for information, your iDevice is now as close to a real-life Pokédex as you'll probably ever have.
In the Pokémon television shows, movies and games, the lead character always carries around the iconic, all-knowing Pokédex which responds to voice and searches for information on any pokémon that appears. Your iDevice now works the same way:
- Activate Siri
- Ask "Search Wolfram for [insert pokémon name here]"
- Watch as Siri provides you with a ton of information, including its history, physical characteristics, stats and even full-color images
That's it! It's a pretty nifty new feature for Pokémon fans, and combined with the fact that the new Pokémon X & Y titles just hit store shelves, it's a great time to be a Pokémaster.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options