Games finally appear in South Africa's App Store
Developers across the globe are now able to sell their iOS games in the South African App Store. The move was announced in an email to developers and first noted by 9to5Mac. In the email, Apple said:
We're pleased to announce that games are now available on the South African App Store. All apps in the Games category that are cleared for sale in South Africa will be automatically available on the South African App Store. No additional action is required on your part. If you need to make changes to the territories where your apps are available, visit the Rights and Pricing section of the Manage Your Apps module on iTunes Connect.
No mention is made of why games have not been allowed into South Africa's App Store until now, but developers (not to mention citizens of South Africa) will no doubt be happy to have another country full of customers who can now buy their games.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features