Games finally appear in South Africa's App Store
Developers across the globe are now able to sell their iOS games in the South African App Store. The move was announced in an email to developers and first noted by 9to5Mac. In the email, Apple said:
We're pleased to announce that games are now available on the South African App Store. All apps in the Games category that are cleared for sale in South Africa will be automatically available on the South African App Store. No additional action is required on your part. If you need to make changes to the territories where your apps are available, visit the Rights and Pricing section of the Manage Your Apps module on iTunes Connect.
No mention is made of why games have not been allowed into South Africa's App Store until now, but developers (not to mention citizens of South Africa) will no doubt be happy to have another country full of customers who can now buy their games.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs