iPhone tops in J.D. Power smartphone satisfaction survey one more time
J.D. Power & Associates has released its second Wireless Smartphone Satisfaction Study for 2013 and, surprise, surprise, the iPhone claims the top spot. If this sounds familiar, it's because the iPhone claimed the top spot in the first Wireless Smartphone Satisfaction Study of 2013 in May.
While the iPhone did turn out to be the the most customer-satisfying device overall, J.D. Power broke down its rankings by carriers as well. AT&T came out on top as the best carrier -- with the iPhone its top device -- while Sprint came in at No. 2, with Samsung having the top smartphone. Verizon took third place, again with the iPhone in the top spot, and T-Mobile brought up the rear in fourth.
Interestingly, J.D. Power found that the primary reasons for purchasing a smartphone device differ depending on the carrier. Sprint customers seem to care more about smartphone features, while T-Mobile customers base their smartphone purchases on price.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync