iPhone tops in J.D. Power smartphone satisfaction survey one more time
J.D. Power & Associates has released its second Wireless Smartphone Satisfaction Study for 2013 and, surprise, surprise, the iPhone claims the top spot. If this sounds familiar, it's because the iPhone claimed the top spot in the first Wireless Smartphone Satisfaction Study of 2013 in May.
While the iPhone did turn out to be the the most customer-satisfying device overall, J.D. Power broke down its rankings by carriers as well. AT&T came out on top as the best carrier -- with the iPhone its top device -- while Sprint came in at No. 2, with Samsung having the top smartphone. Verizon took third place, again with the iPhone in the top spot, and T-Mobile brought up the rear in fourth.
Interestingly, J.D. Power found that the primary reasons for purchasing a smartphone device differ depending on the carrier. Sprint customers seem to care more about smartphone features, while T-Mobile customers base their smartphone purchases on price.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter