BlackBerry announces 5 million downloads of BBM for iOS and Android
After only eight hours of availability, BlackBerry has announced that its BBM app for iOS and Android has been downloaded 5 million times. That number is impressive, considering that it only applies to those that have downloaded and activated the app on their mobiles. The announcement came via a tweet:
Next 5 million in line - your turn! Open up BBM and click "I got the email" to get started on #BBM right away!
The email BlackBerry mentions in the tweet refers to its staggered rollout of the app. Though anyone can download it at any time, BlackBerry has placed a limit on how many people can activate the app, so as to not overwhelm its servers with traffic. Currently BBM is the number one free app in the App Store.
BBM for iOS is a free download.
After only eight hours of availability, BlackBerry has announced that its BBM app for iOS and Android has been downloaded 5 million times....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update