BlackBerry announces 5 million downloads of BBM for iOS and Android
After only eight hours of availability, BlackBerry has announced that its BBM app for iOS and Android has been downloaded 5 million times. That number is impressive, considering that it only applies to those that have downloaded and activated the app on their mobiles. The announcement came via a tweet:
Next 5 million in line - your turn! Open up BBM and click "I got the email" to get started on #BBM right away!
The email BlackBerry mentions in the tweet refers to its staggered rollout of the app. Though anyone can download it at any time, BlackBerry has placed a limit on how many people can activate the app, so as to not overwhelm its servers with traffic. Currently BBM is the number one free app in the App Store.
BBM for iOS is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature