BlackBerry announces 5 million downloads of BBM for iOS and Android
After only eight hours of availability, BlackBerry has announced that its BBM app for iOS and Android has been downloaded 5 million times. That number is impressive, considering that it only applies to those that have downloaded and activated the app on their mobiles. The announcement came via a tweet:
Next 5 million in line - your turn! Open up BBM and click "I got the email" to get started on #BBM right away!
The email BlackBerry mentions in the tweet refers to its staggered rollout of the app. Though anyone can download it at any time, BlackBerry has placed a limit on how many people can activate the app, so as to not overwhelm its servers with traffic. Currently BBM is the number one free app in the App Store.
BBM for iOS is a free download.
After only eight hours of availability, BlackBerry has announced that its BBM app for iOS and Android has been downloaded 5 million times....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free