iPad mini with Retina display announced, original iPad mini sees a price drop
Apple has announced a refreshed version for the popular iPad mini. This November will see the release of the iPad mini with Retina display. The 7.9-inch iPad mini features the 2,048 x 1,546-pixel resolution and the same specs as its new sibling, the iPad Air. It comes with a 64-bit A7 chip that gives it 4x faster CPU processing and 8x faster graphics processing.
Best of all, these new additions come with the same 10-hour battery life as the original iPad mini. The iPad mini Retina will come in silver/white and space gray/black colors. Prices start at US$399 for a 16 GB mini Retina with WiFi, and storage is available up to 128 GB for the first time.
In other exciting news, the original iPad mini will still be available for sale, now at a reduced price of $299. However, as standard with older versions of iOS devices in the store, the original iPad mini is only available with 16 GB of storage.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter