Nokia declares 'Announce a Tablet Day,' rubs elbows with Apple while teasing Samsung
While Apple's announcement of two new iPhones in September prompted the company's key competitors to launch tongue-in-cheek "attacks" on Twitter, today's iPad reveal hasn't had the same effect. In fact, rather than jump at the chance to poke fun at Apple, Nokia -- who just announced its new consumer tablet today as well -- used the opportunity to make friends with Apple the best way they know how: By attacking arch rival Samsung.
In a tweet by Nokia's primary Twitter account, the company declares today "Announce a Tablet Day," and suggests that Samsung isn't on the same page as Nokia and Apple. The company even went so far as to photoshop a parking lot with spots for Apple and Nokia taken, but Samsung left embarrassingly bare. It's an interesting tactic, though whether it helps prompt any interest in Windows tablets remains to be seen.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free