Apple releases new firmware and OS X 10.8.5 updates for Late-2013 iMacs
Apple has released two new updates for the Late-2013 iMacs just introduced this September. The first update is a firmware upgrade that is only for the new iMacs with flash storage, while the second update is a supplemental update to OS X 10.8.5. The details:
This update is recommended for iMac (late 2013) with flash-only storage. This update improves the Power Nap feature in Mavericks on your flash-based iMac by allowing it to perform silently, without spinning up the fan.
Power Nap periodically updates apps, such as Mail, Contacts, and Calendar, and will download software updates while your iMac is sleeping.
The iMac OS X v10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0 is recommended for iMacs (Late 2013) using NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics and running OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5.
- Fixes an issue that may cause external drives to be ejected after the computer goes to sleep
- Fixes an issue that may prevent certain USB Bluetooth adapters from working
Both update can be downloaded via the links above or by running Software Update on qualifying iMacs.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync