Apple VP of Product Design Doug Fields set to take on new gig at Tesla
Tesla announced today that it recently hired Doug Field, a former VP of Product Design at Apple. If you recall, Field originally joined Apple back in 2008. Prior to that, he served as the CTO at Segway.
A press release from Tesla notes that Field, during his tenure at Apple, helped develop a number of Mac-based hardware products, including, but not limited to, the most recent iterations of the MacBook Pro and iMac.
Commenting on his new role at Tesla, Field explains:
Until Tesla came along, I had never seriously considered leaving Apple. I started my career with the goal of creating incredible cars, but ultimately left the auto industry in search of fast-paced, exciting engineering challenges elsewhere. As the first high-tech auto company in modern history, Tesla is at last an opportunity for me and many others to pursue the dream of building the best cars in the world-while being part of one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley.
Indeed, Tesla folks often exclaim that the company is more of a tech company than an old-fashioned car company.
At Tesla, Field will serve as the company's VP of Vehicle Programs where he'll help spearhead development on new vehicles.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update