Apple VP of Product Design Doug Fields set to take on new gig at Tesla
Tesla announced today that it recently hired Doug Field, a former VP of Product Design at Apple. If you recall, Field originally joined Apple back in 2008. Prior to that, he served as the CTO at Segway.
A press release from Tesla notes that Field, during his tenure at Apple, helped develop a number of Mac-based hardware products, including, but not limited to, the most recent iterations of the MacBook Pro and iMac.
Commenting on his new role at Tesla, Field explains:
Until Tesla came along, I had never seriously considered leaving Apple. I started my career with the goal of creating incredible cars, but ultimately left the auto industry in search of fast-paced, exciting engineering challenges elsewhere. As the first high-tech auto company in modern history, Tesla is at last an opportunity for me and many others to pursue the dream of building the best cars in the world-while being part of one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley.
Indeed, Tesla folks often exclaim that the company is more of a tech company than an old-fashioned car company.
At Tesla, Field will serve as the company's VP of Vehicle Programs where he'll help spearhead development on new vehicles.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter