Apple VP of Product Design Doug Fields set to take on new gig at Tesla
Tesla announced today that it recently hired Doug Field, a former VP of Product Design at Apple. If you recall, Field originally joined Apple back in 2008. Prior to that, he served as the CTO at Segway.
A press release from Tesla notes that Field, during his tenure at Apple, helped develop a number of Mac-based hardware products, including, but not limited to, the most recent iterations of the MacBook Pro and iMac.
Commenting on his new role at Tesla, Field explains:
Until Tesla came along, I had never seriously considered leaving Apple. I started my career with the goal of creating incredible cars, but ultimately left the auto industry in search of fast-paced, exciting engineering challenges elsewhere. As the first high-tech auto company in modern history, Tesla is at last an opportunity for me and many others to pursue the dream of building the best cars in the world-while being part of one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley.
Indeed, Tesla folks often exclaim that the company is more of a tech company than an old-fashioned car company.
At Tesla, Field will serve as the company's VP of Vehicle Programs where he'll help spearhead development on new vehicles.
Tesla announced today that it recently hired Doug Field, a former VP of Product Design at Apple. If you recall, Field originally joined...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free