TiVo updates its iOS app for out-of-home streaming
Owners of certain models of TiVo's digital video recorders will be able to watch their favorite shows outside the home, thanks to a new version of its iOS app that was released today. The app enables streaming of live and recorded TV shows to an iPad or iPhone, which is what the company promised at the launch of the Roamio DVR in August.
Version 3.2 of the universal app provides out-of-home streaming from a Roamio Plus or Roamio Pro DVR to iOS devices on WiFi networks, or downloading of shows to devices on LTE networks. These Roamio boxes will receive a software update today to enable the functionality on the DVRs.
For anyone owning a base-level Roamio with TiVo Stream, the out-of-home streaming and downloading capability will be arriving in November.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service