TiVo updates its iOS app for out-of-home streaming
Owners of certain models of TiVo's digital video recorders will be able to watch their favorite shows outside the home, thanks to a new version of its iOS app that was released today. The app enables streaming of live and recorded TV shows to an iPad or iPhone, which is what the company promised at the launch of the Roamio DVR in August.
Version 3.2 of the universal app provides out-of-home streaming from a Roamio Plus or Roamio Pro DVR to iOS devices on WiFi networks, or downloading of shows to devices on LTE networks. These Roamio boxes will receive a software update today to enable the functionality on the DVRs.
For anyone owning a base-level Roamio with TiVo Stream, the out-of-home streaming and downloading capability will be arriving in November.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free