Regional carriers announce plans to carry iPad Air
For the first time, Apple's LTE-capable iPad will be available on regional carriers. Specifically, both C Spire Wireless and Bluegrass Cellular will begin selling the iPad Air sometime in the next few weeks. C Spire Wireless is based out of Mississippi with coverage that encompasses a number of Southern states such as Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. Bluegrass Cellular, meanwhile, is based out of Kentucky.
Details as to pricing and specific launch dates haven't yet been made available, but we'll keep you posted when more details emerge.
The iPad Air will officially go on sale on November 1, with Apple retail stores set to open one hour early to accommodate interested buyers, and perhaps, to make things a little bit less chaotic overall.
Notably, the iPad Air will launch in 42 countries on November 1, making it the most extensive iPad launch to date.
There are a pair of other regional carriers getting in on the iPad Air party as well. We received word late on Friday that US Cellular will also be carrying the iPad Air beginning on November 8. In addition, GCI, a regional carrier based out of Alaska, will also be carrying the iPad Air "in the coming weeks."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync