Regional carriers announce plans to carry iPad Air
For the first time, Apple's LTE-capable iPad will be available on regional carriers. Specifically, both C Spire Wireless and Bluegrass Cellular will begin selling the iPad Air sometime in the next few weeks. C Spire Wireless is based out of Mississippi with coverage that encompasses a number of Southern states such as Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. Bluegrass Cellular, meanwhile, is based out of Kentucky.
Details as to pricing and specific launch dates haven't yet been made available, but we'll keep you posted when more details emerge.
The iPad Air will officially go on sale on November 1, with Apple retail stores set to open one hour early to accommodate interested buyers, and perhaps, to make things a little bit less chaotic overall.
Notably, the iPad Air will launch in 42 countries on November 1, making it the most extensive iPad launch to date.
There are a pair of other regional carriers getting in on the iPad Air party as well. We received word late on Friday that US Cellular will also be carrying the iPad Air beginning on November 8. In addition, GCI, a regional carrier based out of Alaska, will also be carrying the iPad Air "in the coming weeks."
For the first time, Apple's LTE-capable iPad will be available on regional carriers. Specifically, both C Spire Wireless and Bluegrass...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs