Regional carriers announce plans to carry iPad Air
For the first time, Apple's LTE-capable iPad will be available on regional carriers. Specifically, both C Spire Wireless and Bluegrass Cellular will begin selling the iPad Air sometime in the next few weeks. C Spire Wireless is based out of Mississippi with coverage that encompasses a number of Southern states such as Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. Bluegrass Cellular, meanwhile, is based out of Kentucky.
Details as to pricing and specific launch dates haven't yet been made available, but we'll keep you posted when more details emerge.
The iPad Air will officially go on sale on November 1, with Apple retail stores set to open one hour early to accommodate interested buyers, and perhaps, to make things a little bit less chaotic overall.
Notably, the iPad Air will launch in 42 countries on November 1, making it the most extensive iPad launch to date.
There are a pair of other regional carriers getting in on the iPad Air party as well. We received word late on Friday that US Cellular will also be carrying the iPad Air beginning on November 8. In addition, GCI, a regional carrier based out of Alaska, will also be carrying the iPad Air "in the coming weeks."
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter