Apple reportedly offering in-store pickup of iPad Air this Friday
If you want to snag a brand-new iPad Air this Friday, but you're not particularly keen on standing in line all night, there may be hope. MacRumors is reporting that a source gave them the news that Personal Pickup will be available for the sleek new product, so you should be able to reserve an iPad Air when they go on sale at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and pick it up later that day without standing in line.
MacRumors notes that it appears that there are no supply constraints for the iPad Air, while the Retina iPad mini is expected to be in short supply until early 2014.
Pricing for the iPad Air starts at US$499 for the 16 GB WiFi model, increasing by $129 for a cellular model and by $100 for each jump in storage to 32, 64 or 128 GB.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options