Disney show to premier on iPad, Kindle Fire
The Disney Company has taken the bold step to release Sheriff Callie's Wild West on iPads and Kindles before it makes it to the more traditional Disney Channel and Disney Junior outlets.
The New York Times reports that Disney feels there are enough kids using tablets that the jump is logical.
"This is an entirely new approach for us," said Nancy Kanter, executive vice president and general manager of Disney Junior Worldwide, which is aimed at children age 2 to 7. "We have been amazed at how quickly kids have embraced this new technology. We're talking billions of minutes spent watching."
The show can be seen on the Watch Disney Junior app on November 24. Then early next year, the show will migrate to cable and satellite TV.
The free Disney app lets kids watch some live events and programs on demand.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options