Disney show to premier on iPad, Kindle Fire
The Disney Company has taken the bold step to release Sheriff Callie's Wild West on iPads and Kindles before it makes it to the more traditional Disney Channel and Disney Junior outlets.
The New York Times reports that Disney feels there are enough kids using tablets that the jump is logical.
"This is an entirely new approach for us," said Nancy Kanter, executive vice president and general manager of Disney Junior Worldwide, which is aimed at children age 2 to 7. "We have been amazed at how quickly kids have embraced this new technology. We're talking billions of minutes spent watching."
The show can be seen on the Watch Disney Junior app on November 24. Then early next year, the show will migrate to cable and satellite TV.
The free Disney app lets kids watch some live events and programs on demand.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options