Southwest, Dish offer free iPad entertainment to travelers
If you're a frequent flier who hasn't yet invested in a tablet of your own, Southwest has you covered: As part of a larger partnership between the airline and television provider Dish, Southwest will now not only provide in-flight entertainment for passengers who have iOS devices of their own, but will now also offer iPads to those without their own compatible smartphone or tablet.
The tablets -- which are the iPad 2 model -- will be available for passengers to "check out" at kiosks within terminals at Chicago-Midway, Denver and Oakland airports. If you're flying between any of these cities on a WiFi-enabled flight, you'll be able to loan an iPad and enjoy a selection of live and on-demand content for free during your trip.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration