Google Fiber comes to iPhone, iPod touch with DVR functions
Google Fiber is nowhere near close to being available in my area -- or in most places in the US -- but to those few lucky enough to score the golden ticket, the companion iOS app has been updated to include support for iPhones and DVR management. Those features include a shortcut to reach your favorite shows with one tap and to organize and mass-delete content on your DVR from the app.
While the update itself isn't huge, and many competing services have already released their companion DVR apps with similar features, it only serves to remind us that we long for Google Fiber to be available on a more widespread basis.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter