Google Fiber comes to iPhone, iPod touch with DVR functions
Google Fiber is nowhere near close to being available in my area -- or in most places in the US -- but to those few lucky enough to score the golden ticket, the companion iOS app has been updated to include support for iPhones and DVR management. Those features include a shortcut to reach your favorite shows with one tap and to organize and mass-delete content on your DVR from the app.
While the update itself isn't huge, and many competing services have already released their companion DVR apps with similar features, it only serves to remind us that we long for Google Fiber to be available on a more widespread basis.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options