iOS 7 video tip: Using Siri to change or check settings on your device
One of the new features of iOS 7 is the ability to change or check settings on your device simply by asking Siri. These commands can be ultra-helpful if you are unsure where to change a command in settings. In this short video tip, we'll show you a sampling of the commands you can use to view, enable or disable settings on your iOS 7 device.
As with all of our video tips, this one can be made full-screen for easier viewing.
Also, to see a transcript of this video, just click on the "Open Press Release" button at the bottom of the post.
Let's start by asking Siri to turn on Do Not Disturb.
Likewise, we can ask Siri to turn OFF do not disturb.
Is bluetooth on?
Is Wi-Fi on?
Turn on airplane mode
Fortunately, Siri asks for permission before turning on airplane mode, or it wouldn't be able to listen to our commands.
Make the screen brighter
Make my screen darker
Show me my privacy settings
Open mail settings
Siri's a great shortcut for changing a number of settings on your iOS 7 device.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features