Google Maps get updated for iOS 7, adds transit features
Google has updated Google Maps for iOS, adopting iOS 7 design elements and some additional features. While the app has been iOS 7-compatible since the new OS became available, it still featured older iOS 6 elements, most noticeably in the iOS 6-style keyboard.
Version 2.4.3 features the new translucent iOS 7 menu bar as well as the iOS 7-style keyboard. But design tweaks aren't the only change. Google has also introduced a few new features, including the ability to quickly access the map and upcoming departures in transit directions preview and an improved hotel search.
Keep in mind that hotel search results now display sponsored rates and booking links (i.e., ads), but this is Google, after all, and advertising is its bread and butter.
Google Maps for iOS is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype