Google Maps get updated for iOS 7, adds transit features
Google has updated Google Maps for iOS, adopting iOS 7 design elements and some additional features. While the app has been iOS 7-compatible since the new OS became available, it still featured older iOS 6 elements, most noticeably in the iOS 6-style keyboard.
Version 2.4.3 features the new translucent iOS 7 menu bar as well as the iOS 7-style keyboard. But design tweaks aren't the only change. Google has also introduced a few new features, including the ability to quickly access the map and upcoming departures in transit directions preview and an improved hotel search.
Keep in mind that hotel search results now display sponsored rates and booking links (i.e., ads), but this is Google, after all, and advertising is its bread and butter.
Google Maps for iOS is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows