American Airlines now offering gate-to-gate electronic device use
Following the announcement by the FAA that restrictions on electronic devices would be lifted for all phases of flight, American Airlines has announced that it will allow all fliers to use their gadgets gate to gate, starting today. This should be good news for airline passengers who have been irritated for decades by having to turn all electronic devices off before takeoff and landing -- and let's be honest, that's all of us.
In the company's press release, American Airlines notes that devices will still need to be placed into airplane mode before the plane hits the skies, going on to say that, as always, internet access on WiFi-enabled flights can only be activated once the plane has reached a specific altitude. If you happen to be cruising the skies this afternoon on American, let us know how it goes!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free