American Airlines now offering gate-to-gate electronic device use
Following the announcement by the FAA that restrictions on electronic devices would be lifted for all phases of flight, American Airlines has announced that it will allow all fliers to use their gadgets gate to gate, starting today. This should be good news for airline passengers who have been irritated for decades by having to turn all electronic devices off before takeoff and landing -- and let's be honest, that's all of us.
In the company's press release, American Airlines notes that devices will still need to be placed into airplane mode before the plane hits the skies, going on to say that, as always, internet access on WiFi-enabled flights can only be activated once the plane has reached a specific altitude. If you happen to be cruising the skies this afternoon on American, let us know how it goes!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter