American Airlines now offering gate-to-gate electronic device use
Following the announcement by the FAA that restrictions on electronic devices would be lifted for all phases of flight, American Airlines has announced that it will allow all fliers to use their gadgets gate to gate, starting today. This should be good news for airline passengers who have been irritated for decades by having to turn all electronic devices off before takeoff and landing -- and let's be honest, that's all of us.
In the company's press release, American Airlines notes that devices will still need to be placed into airplane mode before the plane hits the skies, going on to say that, as always, internet access on WiFi-enabled flights can only be activated once the plane has reached a specific altitude. If you happen to be cruising the skies this afternoon on American, let us know how it goes!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows