AT&T: iPad activations this weekend up more than 200% compared to last year's launch
Perhaps it really will be an "iPad Christmas" for Apple this year. Though Apple hasn't yet released any iPad sales figures for the weekend, AT&T this afternoon issued a press release announcing that iPad activations this past weekend were up 200 percent compared to the fourth-gen iPad launch last year.
iPad activations on AT&T increased more than 200% over the past three days compared to last year's launch weekend, driven by consumer excitement around the new iPad Air and the popularity of AT&T Mobile Share, which lets customers add an iPad to their existing data plan for just $10 a month. We also saw strong demand for AT&T Next, which offers customers an iPad for $0 down on the nation's fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network.
While this is ostensibly good news, remember that the iPad fourth-gen launch last year did not include LTE-enabled models. Consequently, it makes sense that AT&T activations during this year's launch would be so much higher than last year's launch.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter