AT&T: iPad activations this weekend up more than 200% compared to last year's launch
Perhaps it really will be an "iPad Christmas" for Apple this year. Though Apple hasn't yet released any iPad sales figures for the weekend, AT&T this afternoon issued a press release announcing that iPad activations this past weekend were up 200 percent compared to the fourth-gen iPad launch last year.
iPad activations on AT&T increased more than 200% over the past three days compared to last year's launch weekend, driven by consumer excitement around the new iPad Air and the popularity of AT&T Mobile Share, which lets customers add an iPad to their existing data plan for just $10 a month. We also saw strong demand for AT&T Next, which offers customers an iPad for $0 down on the nation's fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network.
While this is ostensibly good news, remember that the iPad fourth-gen launch last year did not include LTE-enabled models. Consequently, it makes sense that AT&T activations during this year's launch would be so much higher than last year's launch.
Perhaps it really will be an "iPad Christmas" for Apple this year. Though Apple hasn't yet released any iPad sales figures for the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free