Target will give you a $200 gift card for your iPad, including first gen (Updated)
Update: While you could get up to $200 for your old iPad, readers are reporting a trade in of just $65 for the 1st-generation iPad Wifi-only with 16 GB of storage. Others on twitter reported getting the full $200 for "first generation" iPads (we don't know the capacity or if they had cellular). Obviously the only way to know what you could get is to go to a Target store to check.
Target is currently running a pretty sweet iPad trade-in promo, especially if you have a first-generation iPad. Using the company's Target electronics trade-in program, customers can trade in any working iPad and get a US$200 Target gift card good for any item the company sells. Here are the rules according to Target's site:
Between November 3rd thru 9th visit your local Target Mobility store and trade in any iPad for at least $200 *. To take advantage of this offer simply follow the below steps:
Step 1: Find your local Target mobility store by clicking here and selecting "Target Mobile" under store services.
Step 2: Your device will be appraised in-store at the mobility kiosk.
Step 3: $200 minimum promotional credit will be issued on a Target Trade-In Gift Card and is redeemable in any Target store.
* Visit TargetTradeInProgram.com for store hours, locations and to see if your iPad qualifies for the offer. To be eligible for trade in, the iPad must power on and screen must not be scratched.
If you've got a third- or fourth-generation iPad, the trade-in program isn't such a good deal as you could almost certainly get more than $200 for your iPad on eBay, Craigslist or Amazon. However, if you've got one of the original, aging iPads from 2010, $200 is a pretty good price for a no-hassle swap.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter