Apple updates AirPort Utility app for iOS with 64-bit support
Apple has released an update to its AirPort Utility app for iOS. The app allows users to manage their WiFi networks and AirPort base stations right from their iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. This version of the app adds 64-bit support for users of iOS devices with an A7 chip inside, like the iPhone 5s or the new iPad Air.
Though Apple only lists the 64-bit support in the app's release notes, I've noticed that the update also seems to have fixed a number of issues with the previous version of the app where it was dropping connections with devices or would not be able to pick up a device at all.
AirPort Utility is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)