Apple updates AirPort Utility app for iOS with 64-bit support
Apple has released an update to its AirPort Utility app for iOS. The app allows users to manage their WiFi networks and AirPort base stations right from their iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. This version of the app adds 64-bit support for users of iOS devices with an A7 chip inside, like the iPhone 5s or the new iPad Air.
Though Apple only lists the 64-bit support in the app's release notes, I've noticed that the update also seems to have fixed a number of issues with the previous version of the app where it was dropping connections with devices or would not be able to pick up a device at all.
AirPort Utility is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter