Google Search app for iOS gets "OK Google" voice search, more
Google has updated its Google Search app for iOS with several new features and improvements. For starters, users can now use the "OK Google" voice command to conduct hands-free searches via the app. Another major improvement is the addition of Notifications and Reminders, both of which have long since been staples of the Android version of the app. Now the app will present both notifications and reminders to users instead of them having to perform a search calling them up.
Google has also added support for a number of new Cards in the app, including cards for movies, bording passes, car rentals, train warnings, and local events. The updated app also offers a simpler UI and some additional gestures. Here's the full release notes:
What's New in Version 3.1.0
Google Now gets even better with:
• Notifications – Get notified when it's time to go
• Reminders – Never forget to put out the trash
• New cards – See tickets, boarding passes, & more
• Handsfree voice – Just say "OK Google" to search*
* requires iPhone 4s or later
Notifications deliver info before you open the app:
• When to leave for your next appointment or event
• If your flight is running late
• How to catch the last train home
Ask Google to remember things for you. Just say
• "Remind me to buy coffee beans at Starbucks," or
• "Remind me to check out the fair this weekend"
and Google will remind you at the right time or place.
You can also ask to be reminded when your favorite:
• Musicians release a new album
• TV show has a new episode
• Actors star in a new movie
• Celebrities and politicians make headlines
Just search and press the "remind me" button.
New cards organize the info you care about:
• Tickets for movies, concerts and events
• Boarding passes for your flights
• Reservation confirmations for car rentals
• Warnings when your last train home leaves
• Lists of upcoming local events
And finally, search is better than ever with:
• A redesigned and simplified homepage
• Gestures to zoom or throw away images
• One touch sign in if you use other Google apps
• Improved voiceover accessibility
Google Search is a free download.
Google has updated its Google Search app for iOS with several new features and improvements. For starters, users can now use the "OK...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free