Rdio for iOS gets personalized music recommendations
In a continuing effort to beef up its app's features in the hope of staving off its rivals like iTunes Radio, Spotify and Pandora, Rdio has released an update that allows listeners to get personalized music recommendations.
Recommendations work in a way that is similar to Apple's iTunes Genius playlists. Based on a user's listening history, Rdio suggests albums and other stations that are similar to what they've been listening to. The app will also suggest playlists that are popular with a user's friends or that are popular in the area that they're located in. The latest version of the app also features a redesigned station player. From the release notes:
What's New in Version 2.5.3
• Recommendations. A new destination for discovering what to play next. Find albums similar to what you've been listening to, plus stations and playlists popular with your friends or in your area.
• Redesigned Stations Player. Three-track display now showcases album art for the previous, currently playing and next tracks. Swipe to easily skip to the next track.
• Various UI improvements and minor bug fixes.
Rdio is a universal app and a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter