iPad reportedly bursts into flames in Australian Vodafone store
According to a report in news.com.au, a Vodafone store in Canberra had to be evacuated after an iPad demo model exploded. The report did not identify the iPad model involved, but it was likely an iPad Air.
A Vodafone spokesperson told the website that a burst of flames shot out of the charging port of the device. After the mini explosion, the device continued to spark, while smoke filled the store. Both customers and employees were forced to evacuate. The fire brigade was then called in to clear out the smoke and disable the device.
News.com.au claims an Apple representative visited the store to obtain the charred device in order to determine what caused the fire. Apple has not publicly commented on this incident.
[Image via News.com.au]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration