US Cellular starts selling the iPhone 5s and 5c
Since the official release of the iPhone 5s and 5c this past September, the phones have been slowly rolling out across the US beyond the major carriers. As we've reported previously, today marks the release of the 5s and 5c for US Cellular customers.
Chicago-based US Cellular is the fifth-largest carrier in the US, larger than some carriers that are already selling iPhone plans. However, its contract-based customers may see less price shock up front when upgrading than those people who are buying pre-paid phones through Boost Mobile (which also started selling the iPhone 5s and 5c today) or other carriers. The 5s at US Cellular starts at US$199.99 for the 16 GB model, while the 16 GB 5c starts at $99.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app