iOS Facebook update causing crashes
9to5Mac is reporting that a small update to Facebook's iOS app has been causing the app to crash for a number of users. Released this past Thursday, the recent Facebook app update merely added the ability for iPad users to edit their posts.
Twitter users have been voicing their frustration about the update today, as they discover the app attempt to launch, and immediately crash. The problem effects both iOS 7 and iOS 6 users, as verified by our own tests. It's currently unknown whether the bug is on the app side or the server side, but it's likely that Facebook will release a fix soon.
Deleting and re-installing the app appears to alleviate the problem for some, so if you're affected by frequent app crashes, you might want to give that strategy a try. Should Facebook release a minor update to address the bug, we'll keep you in the loop.
9to5Mac is reporting that a small update to Facebook's iOS app has been causing the app to crash for a number of users. Released this past...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free