iOS Facebook update causing crashes
9to5Mac is reporting that a small update to Facebook's iOS app has been causing the app to crash for a number of users. Released this past Thursday, the recent Facebook app update merely added the ability for iPad users to edit their posts.
Twitter users have been voicing their frustration about the update today, as they discover the app attempt to launch, and immediately crash. The problem effects both iOS 7 and iOS 6 users, as verified by our own tests. It's currently unknown whether the bug is on the app side or the server side, but it's likely that Facebook will release a fix soon.
Deleting and re-installing the app appears to alleviate the problem for some, so if you're affected by frequent app crashes, you might want to give that strategy a try. Should Facebook release a minor update to address the bug, we'll keep you in the loop.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter