iOS Facebook update causing crashes
9to5Mac is reporting that a small update to Facebook's iOS app has been causing the app to crash for a number of users. Released this past Thursday, the recent Facebook app update merely added the ability for iPad users to edit their posts.
Twitter users have been voicing their frustration about the update today, as they discover the app attempt to launch, and immediately crash. The problem effects both iOS 7 and iOS 6 users, as verified by our own tests. It's currently unknown whether the bug is on the app side or the server side, but it's likely that Facebook will release a fix soon.
Deleting and re-installing the app appears to alleviate the problem for some, so if you're affected by frequent app crashes, you might want to give that strategy a try. Should Facebook release a minor update to address the bug, we'll keep you in the loop.
9to5Mac is reporting that a small update to Facebook's iOS app has been causing the app to crash for a number of users. Released this past...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update