iPhone takes top 10 sales slots in Japan
Following up on our report that Apple sales in Japan are on the rise, we're now hearing word the top 10 selling smartphones in the country are all various models of the iPhone.
The data comes courtesy of BCN Rankings which, according to Electronista, ranks the top 10 best-selling smartphones in the country week by week. If you take a look at the listings, the top-selling iPhone model is the 32 GB 5s model, followed by the 16 GB iPhone 5c and the 64 GB 5s.
Also of note is that only two of the top 10 best-selling iPhones are sold through NTT DoCoMo, Japan's largest mobile carrier. Recall that Apple didn't strike an iPhone deal with NTT DoCoMo until this September. Since then, the carrier has promoted a number of deals to entice consumers to stay and prevent them from defecting to rival carriers like SoftBank.
All in all, this is good news for Apple considering that the company's margins in Japan check in at 50 percent, a good deal higher than the usual ~35 percent margin they enjoy in other countries.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options