Sony launches PlayStation App companion for the PS4
The PlayStation 4, which ought to be one of the hottest gifts this holiday season, launches this Friday, November 15. To get users excited, Sony has launched the PlayStation App for iOS, which allows gamers to push games that offer second-screen experiences to their iOS device, chat with friends and comment on game videos they post. You can also make purchases through the PlayStation store and push them to your PS4 with the app.
STAY IN THE GAME
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
· See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
· Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
· Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
· Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
· Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application's features.
The PlayStation App is a free download. The PlayStation 4 costs US$399.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature