Day One journal for iOS updated with activity tracking, 64-bit support, more
Popular journaling platform Day One updated its iPhone and iPad app, adding an iOS 7-inspired look, 64-bit support and a handful of context-based features like activity tracking.
As a journaling app, Day One aspires to capture more than just your thoughts as expressed in text. The app previously allowed you to add photos, weather data and other media to each post. Now with the M7 motion coprocessor on the iPhone 5s, you can add your daily step counts to your post. On all iOS devices, you can add the activities for the day like biking or walking. Outside of motion-centric activities, a new music feature will add the album title track from the Music app to your post.
Other new features include a background fetch option that leverages background updating in iOS 7 and a new weather source, forecast.io. You can download the 1.12 update from the iOS App Store. It is free for current users. If you are not already a Day One user, you can purchase Day One for US$4.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options