iBooks for iOS update ditches the wooden shelves, iTunes U updated too
Apple has updated its iBooks and iTunes U iOS apps with an iOS 7 look and feel. The new iBooks app ditches the wooden shelves for a Newsstand-like frosted-glass background. The store portion of the app has also gotten a complete makeover, now mimicking the look of the App Store and iTunes Store apps. Not all skeuomorphic details are gone, however. Page curls remain.
As for iTunes U, the app now has a very similar look and feel to the new iBooks app, with frosted shelves and a Catalog where users can download new content that looks similar in style to the App Store. Both apps have new icons.
The only other app Apple needs to update with an iOS 7 look is Find My Friends. Both iBooks and iTunes U are free downloads.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync