Amazon's Lovefilm app finally comes to iPhone
Amazon's streaming offerings in the UK are a whole different world from those in the United States. Its Lovefilm service's selection rivals Netflix for big-name titles, and their interface is easier to use than the one they use stateside. It just had one little quirk; its iOS app was exclusively for the iPad. Until now.
Today, the Lovefilm app has been updated to be compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch. This fixes an oversight that has been going on for two years. Still there's one piece of information that iOS-owning UK Lovefilm users can use as solace. At least they have an app. Lovefilm still doesn't have an app available for Android.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options