Coinbase Bitcoin app pulled from Apple's App Store
Well that was fast! Less than a month after consumer-focused bitcoin platform Coinbase hit the App Store it's been yanked by Apple. As TechCrunch reports, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong is baffled by Apple's decision to pull the app and has no idea why it was axed, saying "We're not sure why it was taken down and we've reached out to Apple to request clarification."
Bitcoin hasn't exactly has an easy go of things in its quest to become a go-to decentralized currency alternative. A volatile price and huge spikes has made it a tough recommendation for things like, oh, your life savings for example. Still, it's definitely a legitimate currency option and it will be interesting to hear Apple's eventual explanation for why the Coinbase app has been shut down.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter