Coinbase Bitcoin app pulled from Apple's App Store
Well that was fast! Less than a month after consumer-focused bitcoin platform Coinbase hit the App Store it's been yanked by Apple. As TechCrunch reports, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong is baffled by Apple's decision to pull the app and has no idea why it was axed, saying "We're not sure why it was taken down and we've reached out to Apple to request clarification."
Bitcoin hasn't exactly has an easy go of things in its quest to become a go-to decentralized currency alternative. A volatile price and huge spikes has made it a tough recommendation for things like, oh, your life savings for example. Still, it's definitely a legitimate currency option and it will be interesting to hear Apple's eventual explanation for why the Coinbase app has been shut down.
Less than a month after consumer-focused bitcoin platform Coinbase hit the App Store it's been yanked by Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free