Teens are clamoring for new iPhones this holiday shopping season
Move aside PlayStation 4. Get out of the way Xbox One. This holiday shopping season may be all about the iPhone. The Los Angeles Times last week highlighted a recent survey of 500 teens aged 12-17 regarding what type of gifts are at the top of their holiday wish lists.
According to the survey, close to 33 percent of respondents indicated that they wanted an iPhone this holiday season while 24 percent indicated that they have their eyes set on Apple's iPad. Coming in third was the recently released PlayStation 4 with 20 percent, followed by the Microsoft Xbox One with 13 percent.
That the iPhone is popular amongst teens shouldn't come as much of a surprise, even though analysts might have you believe that interest in the iPhone is waning. According to an October "Teen Survey" conducted by Gene Munster, 55 percent of teens already own an iPhone, while 65 percent of surveyed teens expect their next phone to be an iPhone model in some form or another.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync