Apple begins aggressive trade-in program in India to boost iPhone 5c sales
In an effort to boost sales of the iPhone 5c in India, Apple is reportedly implementing an aggressive trade-in scheme whereby users can trade in their old iPhone 4 and receive discounted prices on the iPhone 5c.
Specifically, users who trade in an iPhone 4 are eligible for a US$207 discount on both the 16 and 32 GB models of the iPhone 5c.
Under this offer, buyers will be able to get their hands on the 16 and 32GB iPhone 5C models at Rs 28,900 and Rs 40,500 respectively, while iPhone 4S will be available for Rs 18,500. The official price of the iPhone 5C's 16 and 32GB variants is Rs 41,900 and Rs 53,500, whereas iPhone 4S costs Rs 31,500.
For reference, 125 Rupees is equivalent to approximately 2 US dollars. That being the case, a discounted 16 GB iPhone 5c, with an eligible trade-in, will be available for $461.80.
Apple's trade-in offer is not just limited to older-generation iPhones. Consumers can also receive discounts from trading in select smartphones from other manufacturers like Nokia, BlackBerry, Sony, HTC and Samsung.
The Times of India article notes that when Apple initiated a similar buyback program in India a few months ago, iPhone sales tripled.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync