Minimalist task manager Begin adds tap-to-edit, new full-screen mode
Begin is a tough-as-nails to-do list that helps you manage the tasks in your life that are due right away. You are allowed a single list of tasks and each item in your list has three options -- do it today, do it tomorrow or mark it as done. It's simple, but effective.
A recent update (version 1.5) softens the app by increasing the amount of time a task can stay on your list from two to five days. You don't have to do things "right away"; you just have to do them in the next few days. One of the biggest improvements is the ability to edit a task by simply double-tapping on an item.
There also are a few new UI tweaks to make it easier to find and tally up your uncompleted tasks. Last but not least, Begin adds a new in-app purchase that unlocks an optional full-screen mode, new typefaces and the ability to disable reminders over the weekend.
Begin is available for free from the iOS App Store. The in-app purchase to unlock additional features will cost you US$0.99 and is free for customers who already purchased the "Themes" option.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter