Daily iPhone App: Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous is redonkulously challenging
One Man Left Studios scored big with its popular Tilt to Live game. After spending some time working on its Outwitters game, the two-man team is back with a follow-up to its first big hit. Announced earlier this year, Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous is now available in the iOS App Store.
Similar to the first version of the game, Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous requires you to move a triangular-shaped vessel around your screen. While gliding along, you must avoid other hazardous shapes. To help you in your journey, you can use power-ups that'll give you weapons to destroy these hazards. It's all about precise control as you steer your vessel perfectly and rack up points.
Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous sounds bland, but it is not. The gameplay is fast and furious as you activate weapons, wipe out shapes and play mini-games at the end of a round. Tilt to Live 2 is also harder than it sounds as controlling that vessel takes a subtle touch. It's easy to tilt hard and careen right by a weapon. It's a lot more difficult to glide smoothly and then stop on a dime to hit each item just right.
The gameplay is great for a quick pickup while you have a few spare minutes. Each round can last for a a few minutes if you have the right touch, or it can be over in less than 30 seconds if your delicate control resembles a bull in a china shop.
Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous is available for US$2.99 in the iOS App Store. It is a universal app that works on both the iPad and iPhone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update