HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
HBO has some of the best programming around, but sometimes you're not near a cable box when you want to watch a show. Enter HBO Go, the only legal option for watching HBO content online. The service has been a godsend for travelers or college students whose parents have HBO and, thanks to today's iOS app update, it's even easier to use.
Version 2.4.0 brings Chromecast support for devices using iOS 6 and above. Utilizing Google's streaming-content dongle, iOS users can now queue up video on their devices to play on their TV. The Chromecast device itself costs $35, making it the most inexpensive streaming content device available on the market.
You can find the HBO Go update now in the iTunes Store.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter