HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
HBO has some of the best programming around, but sometimes you're not near a cable box when you want to watch a show. Enter HBO Go, the only legal option for watching HBO content online. The service has been a godsend for travelers or college students whose parents have HBO and, thanks to today's iOS app update, it's even easier to use.
Version 2.4.0 brings Chromecast support for devices using iOS 6 and above. Utilizing Google's streaming-content dongle, iOS users can now queue up video on their devices to play on their TV. The Chromecast device itself costs $35, making it the most inexpensive streaming content device available on the market.
You can find the HBO Go update now in the iTunes Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows