Marvin celebrates its first birthday by going free for a limited time
Marvin is one of the best-kept secrets on the App Store. The iOS eReader app is celebrating its first anniversary, and as part of the anniversary, the developers are simplifying the product line and making both versions of Marvin universal and designed for iOS 7.
The new free version of Marvin lets you read one book at a time, while the new US$2.99 paid version allows you to have multiple books in progress. Both versions of the app have Marvin's superb organizing features and fine-tuned control over your reading experience. Extra themes are available for $0.99 each.
However, for a limited time to help existing users migrate, the paid version of Marvin is free. Those migrating from the free version of Marvin to the universal app can consult this tutorial to back up their libraries.
We'll be taking a more in-depth look at Marvin and how this app helped me to make my iPad mini my permanent eReader soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options