Stolen iPhone cuts assault spree short, helps nab suspects
A group of three teen boys attacked a 30-year-old Winnipeg man and by the next day the three were placed in cuffs, thanks in large part to the fact that the suspects decided to steal the victim's iPhone during the assault. As CBC reports, after assaulting the first victim and snatching his Apple smartphone, the teens took photos of themselves using the stolen device and were eventually tracked down thanks to what is being described as "a tracking app" by the authorities -- I'm guessing it was Find My iPhone or something similar.
Later in the evening, a second victim was assaulted, this one just 15 years old, and the police were able to link the two crimes thanks to photos the suspects unknowingly were syncing to the iPhone owner's iCloud account. The following day, all three were tracked down, arrested and charged. Isn't technology wonderful?
[via The Daily Dot]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync