Daily iPhone App: TrintMe helps you meet your significant other without worrying about rejection
TrintMe from Social Innovations is one those social dating apps that takes a different spin on the meet-and-greet part of relationships. Rather than let your true romantic intentions be known to the world, TrintMe keeps them private and does the match-making in the background. It's a toned-down version of Bang with Friends (Down) that focuses more on friendship building and romance, less on casual hook-ups.
Just like Down, TrintMe ties into your Facebook account and pulls down your list of friends. The app allows you to browse through your extended friends list to find potential romantic interests. Once you find someone you like, you can send out a trint request like "You're cool," "Let's talk" and so on. This is where the TrintMe match-making service steps in and takes over.
All trints are processed and stored in the background by the TrintMe service. The recipient never sees your request unless they have sent a similar request to you. If there is no match, the request sits idle and is eventually deleted. You may be disappointed that your potential partner wasn't interested in you, but you can rest easy knowing that you didn't spoil a friendship just because you wanted to take the relationship to the next level.
TrintMe is available from the iOS App Store for free. It requires a Facebook account.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free