Eric Schmidt posts guide on switching from iPhone to Android
Google Chairman Eric Schmidt has posted an iPhone-to-Android switcher's guide on his Google+ page. The guide seems to be written at the most basic level of smartphone comprehension and contains some rather dubious doozies, like the suggestion that Android phones "...have a much more intuitive interface" and "you will switch from iPhone to Android and never switch back."
Eric's Guide: Converting to Android from iPhone
Many of my iPhone friends are converting to Android. The latest high-end phones from Samsung (Galaxy S4), Motorola (Verizon Droid Ultra) and the Nexus 5 (for AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile) have better screens, are faster, and have a much more intuitive interface. They are a great Christmas present to an iPhone user!
Here are the steps I recommend to make this switch. Like the people who moved from PCs to Macs and never switched back, you will switch from iPhone to Android and never switch back as everything will be in the cloud, backed up, and there are so many choices for you. 80% of the world, in the latest surveys, agrees on Android.
While Schmidt's post is worth a read for the laughs, even better are some of the replies in the comments that pick his switching guide apart.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more