App Store searches compensating for misspellings
Apple has updated its App Store search capabilities to correct spelling errors. As first noticed by TechCrunch, the new search results went live a few weeks ago.
With the new spelling compensation, people who search for "calender" will see calendar apps instead of apps by calendar developers who added common misspellings for "calendar" to their app keywords.
While it's a relief to know the App Store now compensates for spelling errors, it's still, frankly, quite shocking that it took Apple almost six years to implement this basic functionality. Discovery is a huge problem for developers in the App Store, and while this move is a step in the right direction, Apple has a lot of work to do in the search arena for the App Store.
Apple has updated its App Store search capabilities to correct spelling errors. As first noticed by TechCrunch, the new search results went...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates