App Store searches compensating for misspellings
Apple has updated its App Store search capabilities to correct spelling errors. As first noticed by TechCrunch, the new search results went live a few weeks ago.
With the new spelling compensation, people who search for "calender" will see calendar apps instead of apps by calendar developers who added common misspellings for "calendar" to their app keywords.
While it's a relief to know the App Store now compensates for spelling errors, it's still, frankly, quite shocking that it took Apple almost six years to implement this basic functionality. Discovery is a huge problem for developers in the App Store, and while this move is a step in the right direction, Apple has a lot of work to do in the search arena for the App Store.
Apple has updated its App Store search capabilities to correct spelling errors. As first noticed by TechCrunch, the new search results went...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements