Kickstarter campaign hopes to give busted iPhones a second life as practical decor
Seeing a cracked iPhone screen or a stray home button usually means you're in for a few tears and probably a hefty repair or replacement bill. Twice Used, a project striving for funding on Kickstarter, turns that feeling on its head by repurposing busted iPhone parts into new items ranging from wearable accessories to home decor.
A half-dozen busted glass iPhone back panels turns into a eye-catching picture frame; a handful of abandoned home buttons becomes a stylish bracelet; and a hundred cracked screens line up to become a conversation-starting coffee table. It's an interesting idea to be sure, and given that there is likely no shortage of mishandled iPhones to salvage pieces from, it's a business that could catch on.
If you pledge to the Twice Used Kickstarter campaign, your goods should be arriving between December of this year and February of 2014 -- if the project reaches its US$10,000 goal, that is.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync