Android still playing catch-up to iOS developer revenue
iOS has long dominated principal rival Android in terms of developer revenue, and according to new figures from Business Insider, that's still the case. The new chart shows that for every US$1 iOS developers make per download, their Android counterparts bring in just 19 cents. The rest of the revenue metrics are slightly less disparate, with mobile ad revenue on Android bringing in 77 cents for every $1 on iOS, and in-app purchases giving Android devs 24 cents vs. $1 on iOS.
Despite the huge gap, Android is actually catching up to iOS overall, though it remains to be seen when (or if) Android will ever offer the same payoff for app developers as they find on Apple's marketplace.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free