Redbox Instant now supports AirPlay streaming
Redbox fans will be happy to know that the company has released a new version of its universal Redbox Instant by Verizon app that supports AirPlay streaming. Redbox is among a long line of iOS apps and services that have embraced AirPlay streaming due to its popularity with users.
There are a few caveats to be aware of. First, as Redbox notes:
"To use AirPlay with our Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch apps, your device needs to have version 6 or higher of the iOS operating system. Also, AirPlay will work with streaming content, but not with downloads."
Engadget has pointed out additional issues. The stream will be broken if you get a text message, certain notifications, quit the app or lock your device. All these issues make it a pretty slim chance that you'll get through an entire film without interruption. Hopefully, Redbox will address these issues in the near future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync